Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wow! I can't believe almost 10 days have gone by since my last blog. I have been making earrings for a show I will be in this May. The show is in Watkinsville, Georgia which is near Athens. It is called Southwerks Art Festival. Come by and check out my work if you have a chance.



The earrings I have made in the last couple of days have been made from many different types of gemstones and beads. Today I used carnelian cushion beads on gold-filled wire. For those of you who don't know what carnelian looks like, it is a beautiful orange color. I made another pair from garnets which are a lovely reddish brown color.

Making jewelry is so exciting to me because there are so many beautiful materials to work with. Every time I go shopping for materials I come across something that is new to me. For example, Sardonyx and Indicolite are two materials that I had never encountered. Since there is always something new to work with when designing jewelry it is always a delight!

Tomorrow my goal is to make necklaces to go with some of the beautiful new spring colors. It shouldn't be too hard since the colors are great and the stones are waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment